Terpene Tuesday: Alpha/Beta Pinene
Posted by Dionne Heyliger, BSN, RN on 29th Jun 2021
TERPENE: Alpha-pinene and Beta-pinene (al-fa pine-een, bay-tah pine-een)
FOUND IN: Pine trees,rosemary, parsley, dill, basil, frankincense, cypress, juniper berry, helichrysum, and some varieties of citrus.
- Most common terpene in the natural world.
- Alpha-pinene is slightly water-soluble. Beta-pinene is not.
AROMA/FLAVOR: woody, green, piney
- Tingly, uplifting, soothing
- Bronchodilator (opens airways)
- Pain relief
- May help combat short-term memory impairment associated with THC
- Stops tumor growth and supplements chemotherapy treatments
- Arthritis, Crohn’s, cancer, and Multiple Sclerosis.
- Amnesia Haze (sativa - uplifting, energetic)
- Jack Herer (sativa-dominant - boosts focus, mood, and appetite)
- Blue Dream (sativa-dominant hybrid - light euphoria, creative energy, relaxing)
- OG Kush (hybrid - mood-enhancing, reduce stress)
- Kosher Tangie (indica-dominant hybrid - calming, mood-elevating)
- Remedy (high cbd - treats seizures, pain, autism, inflammation, and anxiety)
- Cotton Candy Kush (hybrid - euphoric, relaxing)
- God’s Gift (indica - dreamy, blissful)
- Big Smooth (indica-dominant hybrid - mood elevation, pain relief)
Photo by Matt Hoffman on Unsplash
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult a health provider before taking herbal supplements. This information is intended to provide general information and education and is not to be construed as medical advice or instruction. You must be 18 years of age to purchase products. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice. NurseGrown Organics, LLC is fully insured.